Not on the Knot

Monday, October 20, 2008

Confession: I have had a Knot account since I was 16.

Am I crazy? I don't think so. It all started with a project for health class in which we had to plan a wedding and life with a partner assigned in class to deal with financial planning, etc.

Clearly, none of the girls, including myself cared about finances. We cared about the dress, the flowers, the shoes, the destination, etc. So, I joined the Knot. (a report has to have pictures, right?)

Through the years I browsed pictures and saved ideas whenever I had some down time and thought about it, but a friend asked me the other day if I had ever updated my Knot webpage since being engaged.

I thoughtfully replied "You know what? I haven't even been on The Knot since getting engaged."

Now, don't get me wrong, the Knot is still a great resource for pictures, ideas, all things wedding...but so many other sites and blogs have exploded all over the place with such unique styles and a much more personal feeling, that I haven't felt the need to really go back.

I did today though, to update our information (just in case a guest stumbles upon something of ours online I want all of the information to align) and realized that they have done some serious upgrades. The most noticeable to me was The Knot website feature. It is is much, much better than the last time I looked. They have integrated many more tools including online RSVPs and Save the Dates to match your website.

While ultimately we have decided to go with another website provider for our primary site, the easy to use tools on The Knot could probably and has, I am sure, helped many brides get a website up and going.

For me it is all about making things easy on our guests, so guests and friends, what is important to have on our website?

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP