Confession.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I have a little confession to make. 

I have never had any idea, nor did I care very much, about wedding dresses.
 
I know, I know, some of you are giving me shocked and amazed expressions right now...but I am 100% serious. I could picture the view from down the aisle - Austin and I, standing there, swearing to love each other forever...everything looked great...
 
...except from my neck down was just a big, white-ish blur. I have/had absolutely no idea what I wanted.
 
Things have changed. 
 
After consulting with my mom, who contends - within reason - that I order my gown in Wisconsin, she revealed that she had no problem with me trying some things on before I get up there for Christmas. I will after all only have a few days up there, and if I go in with no idea that would probably not be good.
 
So, I went dress shopping with some ladies from my grad program. Nothing serious, we just casually swung by a local boutique here in Athens. They don't really have a large selection, but it was way more fun than I had anticipated!
 
While I don't think that there were necessarily any winners, it gave me some ideas...and a vision of myself, as a bride.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Oh? did you want to see a glimpse of the vision? Well, alright...if you insist.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No peeking Austin. This means you.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 

5 comments:

Megan My Dear October 23, 2008  

ooooooh! yay!

Unknown October 23, 2008  

aww..yay! You look so pretty!I like the long veil on you..it's pretty!

Anonymous October 23, 2008  

You look stunning! Enjoy the shopping, when you find the right one you will definitely know! COngratulations to you and Austin!

Anonymous October 24, 2008  

Oh my, you took my breath away!!

Bye, Leslie

Jessica and Adam Herndon October 25, 2008  

You look sooooo elegant! I absolutely LOVE the long veil on you and it will be so perfect in a Catholic church! Linds mentioned to me she was looking for wedding gowns that had pleats cause you liked that look...I found that many two piece gowns where the top and skirt are separate all for more pleating. Not sure if that's helpful...but just a thought:)

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP