Reframe

Friday, May 1, 2009

Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.
Robert Schuller
 
There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.
Washington Irving

The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.
Epictetus
 
If I had a formula for bypassing trouble, I would not pass it round. Trouble creates a capacity to handle it. I don't embrace trouble; that's as bad as treating it as an enemy. But I do say meet it as a friend, for you'll see a lot of it and had better be on speaking terms with it.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense.
Winston Churchill 
 
In counseling (of which I have had but a very small amount of training) they have a technique called the reframe. It is a way of looking at your present situation in a different light, something manageable.
 
I am reframing all over the place. 
 
The support and love from all of our friends and family members and everyone who has commented on this blog is overwhelming and  in that love and understanding I feel blessed to have such people around me. It is reaffirming to know that I have friends that will say things like: 
 
 
"The important thing at the end of the day is that you will be married, and that is so much bigger than this."

"Whenever, wherever you guys decide to get married I will be there."

"I am sure whatever you guys come up with will be amazing, whenever it ends up being.  You're both incredibly resourceful people and I'm confident your wedding will come off without a hitch.  I just know it."
  
"Don't worry about us. I know you must feel like you are putting a lot of people out, but don't even worry about it. We all love you so much and just want to be there with you to share your special day. It has been a long time coming and I would jump on a plane tomorrow if you decided you needed to elope in Vegas."
 
 
This will not overcome my happiness at marrying my best friend. This will not overcome the blessings in my life that I should be celebrating right now, including these wonderful people who are my friends.
 
Thank you all for your support and reassurance, but most of all for your trust and generosity in allowing us to make the decision that is best for us.
 
We love you all.
 
Updates to come.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP