I have been showered!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This last weekend I headed up to Virginia for a lovely bridal shower thrown by my FSIL and Maid Haley:

{all photo credits to people other than me, since I forgot my camera}

There is a lovely write up courtesy of my friend Jessica on her blog, so I am just going to share a couple of my favorite pictures and my feelings on the day.

I'm not gonna lie, I was a little apprehensive about this shower. Don't get me wrong... I love bridal showers! But, I have never been the one getting showered.

Besides, the part I was most worried about was opening up gifts in front of people. I haven't done that since I was probably ten years old at a birthday party and was having irrational worries {What will I say?? If I keep saying thank you is that redundant?? or sufficient??} I braved the concerns though and have to say that I had so much fun and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

It was so wonderful to be surrounded by all of that love, especially from some guests who I hadn't been able to see in so long! The entire day I simply felt so blessed to have such gracious and {seriously} generous people in my life who are genuinely excited for us to embark upon our married life. So I just want to take a second to say thank you to all of you who made me feel so loved, including those who were with me in spirit though they couldn't be there in person.

Here are a few pics!

{The lovely ladies Jessica and Haley}

{The proof of my seriously generous friends}

Yay! I am starting to feel like a real bride!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP